Flutter: the framework to create adequate mobile apps
A mobile app should perform well, look nice and should display animations in one fluid motion. If an application does not do this, it will not know any users. For this reason, Google developed Flutter, a framework that allows app developers to create beautiful applications while maintaining reliable performance.
What is Flutter?
Flutter is an open-source framework for building mobile apps and was created by Google. It offers app developers a wide range of tools and widgets to quickly build beautiful and native user interfaces, for both Android and iOS. It is a popular choice among many app developers, as they only need to write one codebase that is usable to build apps for multiple platforms. Furthermore, Flutter uses the Dart programming language, which was also developed by Google. The software development kit (SDK) first saw the light of day in 2017 and has since become a popular tool because of the many benefits it offers developers.
What is Flutter used for?
Flutter is a versatile framework used to build all kinds of mobile apps, ranging from productivity apps and social media apps to mobile games. It is especially praised for creating apps with visually appealing and responsive user interfaces. Moreover, you can also use Flutter to create web and desktop apps.
Flutter is often paired with other tools, such as this one from FlutterFlow. This no-code platform allows developers to create apps without any programming knowledge. It is a popular alternative for people who want to create an app without spending hours immersing themselves in coding matter first.
What are the benefits of Flutter?
In concrete terms, Flutter brings several benefits:
- Widgets: Flutter comes standard with a range of customizable widgets, all built with Google's responsive framework. These widgets are easily tuned to the developer's needs. They are like the building blocks of any Flutter app, offering Flutter developers tremendous flexibility.
- Hot reload: In addition to widgets, Flutter also offers a unique functionality called Hot Reload. This allows developers to easily and quickly modify their code in real time, without having to restart the app each time. The faster iteration process and the resulting time savings make for more efficient app development.
- Cross Platform Principle: The time savings come not only from Hot Reload, but also cross-platform development contributes to it. With Flutter, developers can write one codebase that is usable for building apps for both Android and iOS. This creates a unified user experience on both platforms.
- Speed and performance: Flutter further ensures a smooth and fast user experience. Animations and transitions are played smoothly in the app, without delays or hiccups. The framework is also easy to integrate with existing development tools.
- Community: Finally, Flutter has a large and active community of developers who support and help each other, resulting in a large amount of open source libraries and other resources.
Quivvy and Flutter
Quivvy Solutions delivers innovative and reliable mobile apps through Flutter and Flutterflow. Our team of experienced developers listens to the ideas and needs of you and your business to come up with an ideal solution that reflects your business needs. If you are looking for a reliable partner to develop your mobile app, Quivvy is the right place!